Can anyone understand the UCAS points system?

Home Forums What’s on your mind? Can anyone understand the UCAS points system?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melanie Smith
    Participant

:unsure: Been looking through for unis, but how do I know what grades have to be got? http://search.ucas.com/search/providers?Vac=1&AvailableIn=2014&Query=Politics&Feather=7&MaxResults=1000&page=2

Amanda
    Participant

Registering with UCAS.com is really helpful. I found a section on the site which states:

For undergraduate courses some universities and colleges also use UCAS Tariff points in their entry requirements.

Many applicants have a broad range of further education qualifications, so the Tariff converts them into points to make it easier to compare them. Not all qualifications are included in the Tariff. Those that aren’t, but are of an appropriate level, might still be considered so contact the course provider to check.
    Universities and colleges can set a Tariff points total they recommend you achieve as part of their entry requirements.
    Many courses don’t refer to the Tariff, and of those that do, most still specify relevant grades, qualifications or subjects you’d need to achieve as well as the points total.

The UnIs my son and I been looking at have all stated specific grades ie AAB or ABB in their entry requirements to specific courses. Just to labour the point, check out each course as they all have their own individual requirements.

It’s scary isn’t it! :ohmy:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.