New thinking about that New diet……

Home Forums What’s on your mind? New thinking about that New diet……

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne Green
    Participant

Who is starting a new diet or exercise regime for the New Year ?

So yes its time to put the alcohol away , maybe throw those leftover chocolate biscuits, that you never really wanted, to the birds perhaps and consider increasing our veggie intake. But is it also possible to have a more sensible and realistic attitude to ourselves.

Having a healthy relationship with food enables us to be more relaxed and enjoy it, rather than feel threatened by it.
    We often look at food as calories which will make us fat not as healing and fuel which enables our bodies to function well.
    If we are less stressed about ourselves the food we eat will be processed better and our metabolism increases.
    Do we need a healthier attitude to food?
    Should we teach our teenagers to view food in a different way.Not to use the word ‘diet’which means restriction but to eat for our bodies health and wellbeing.
    Our own attitudes about dieting,weight, body image and self esteem will be reflected in our children. We can change that TODAY by not mentioning a new diet but just getting on and eating healthy foods. Lets teach by example.

Amanda
    Participant

I find that the problem with this time of year ie Winter, is that I want to eat starchy foods and don’t have the desire to eat lots of fruit. The veg is fine and not eating meat means that I have to think harder about what to cook. My teen however isn’t into fruit or veg and wants ‘quick fix’ foods and has quite a restricted diet as a result. My husband and I eat pretty well generally. :dry:

Yvonne Green
    Participant

Hi Plummy
    Yes we do want to fill up on these cold dark nights. I think one big way of helping our teenagers is to make organisation and preparation a key element. Let them think of some new recipes, take them shopping and try some new foods. For quickness I tried a Food Doctor falafel oven bake this week Incredibly quick, mix in the bowl, form into balls and actually really good. Great in pitta bread or with rice.Couldn’t be quicker. And meat free. I don’t usually go for the packet mixes but I was quite surprised it was tasty.
    If trying to cut back and get rid of those few pounds, think about portion size. A great rough guide is a portion of protein should be the size of yr palm and carbs should be the size of yr clenched fist . Fill half the plate with veg or salad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.