Disbelief

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Amanda
    Participant

I can’t quite believe that survey about 16-17 year olds being the most satisfied people in the UK. I remember it being quite a dark time – up and down with moods, feeling like you aren’t fitting in, not happy with appearance (the list could go on). What has changed so much now? Alcohol binge drinking ( I think many of us had done that by that age), the amount of ‘stuff’ teenagers possess now (and we all know that makes us so happy :unsure:), under age sex (what’s changed there?). Sorry if I sound so pessimistic, but I really would love to know that answer. I certainly don’t think my 16 year old is ‘satisfied’.
    What does anyone else think?

Helen Efrat
    Participant

My nearly 16 year old assures me he is satisfied and here’s why: lots of friends, his health, a loving family and, of course, a few material things eg: clothes, roof over his head, ipod, phone and of course the promise of a new fully carbon bike!!!!

He is so easily pleased.

Amanda
    Participant

That’s nice to hear. Afraid I have a very materialistic one. He has told me he is definitely not satisfied! :dry:

Patsy Smith
    Participant

I think mine’s OK, but he’s only 15. Perhaps in a year or two he’ll change. But you’re right, perhaps the parents take on the unhappiness of having to pay for all this stuff. If the teenagers had to earn the money for it, perhaps they’d be less happy

Bob Smith
    Participant

True Patsy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.